Saturday, March 29, 2014

Week 5 Training (March 24-30) - aka: Life Gets In the Way

Week 5 of 36. Thirty-two weeks until the race.

What this week's scheduled training looked like (March 24-30):





Total hours scheduled: 6 (originally 8, but traded with another week)

Total hours logged: 5

Total running miles this week/total: 11.2 / 64.7

Total biking miles this week/total: 15 / 175.23

Total swimming yards this week/total: 5000 / 25000

Weight: x - 1. No change. Still trying to eat more protein. Also need to add in some weight training. 

Level of IM enthusiasm: 8/10. Enthusiasm didn't wane this week, but my available time sure as heck did.

Nutrition elements: None to speak of. Did have more success in use of UCan for a 2 hour run/swim combo. I keep hearing rave reports about it, so I want to keep it using it. Jury's still out.

Other: Tomorrow I leave for Florida for three days for a much-needed break with Capt Awesome. This week was absolutely frantic: both good and bad. Good: my first novel released this week, so that was quite exciting. Bad: I had a huge deadline and tons of stuff to do before my trip.

Plus, the triathlon fates seemed to conspire against me: pool closed one day when I showed up, Shane West had a flat tire when I went to ride during a tight workout window. I tried to get all my workouts in this week, but just couldn't. Such is life; I'm not going to freak out about it.

Next week will probably be a little light also because of the trip. I'll definitely get my runs in, but won't have Shane West available until Thursday. But, I aso plan to get my first open water swim in my wetsuit. Looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment