Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Post With My Hardest Event Yet

I had my hardest IM training event EVER today, and it didn't involve running, swimming or biking. As a matter of fact, it only involved a couple of clicks of the mouse.



Today I officially cancelled my acceptance into the 2014 New York City Marathon. Due to the (now-defunct) "three-strikes, you're in" policy where if you signed up for the lottery but hadn't been chosen for the race three years in a row you received an entry for the following year, I had guaranteed entry into 2014.

But then, by some crazy chance, Princess, Hippie and I all were able to register for IM FL 2014 -- which sold out in minutes. And since IM FL is November 1, 2014, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to run the NYC Marathon on November 2, 2014.

The good news: I am able to defer my acceptance into the NYC Marathon to 2015. The bad news, I've got to wait another year to cross that off my bucket list. But I'll be there.


1 comment:

  1. How incredibly awesome! I'm really looking forward to following your journey, here, and seeing you on the course in Panama City Beach in November! Keep up the good work and stay safe!

    -Ron

    ReplyDelete